Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

We have noticed an increase in the number of customers who are pulling soldered BGA, flatpack and Gold Corner Tab cpus from their boards before selling them.

Be forewarned, doing so will automatically downgrade your material to midgrade.

There is a reason folks are pulling them, because they have a value to them by themselves. However, by doing so, you are destroying the value of the board they were taken from.

The reason we are able to pay top dollar for certain circuit boards is because we know the exact value of said board. By depopulating the board and removing these items you have essentially turned a board that we know the value of into a mystery. And when it comes to spending money, we do not like to gamble.

If you are pulling non-socketed chips from your boards, particularly the gold corner tabbed flatpacks do so knowing that the board will be severely downgraded.

I completely understand why folks do it but unfortunately we cannot pay a competitive price for what remains of the board afterwards.

If you have no idea what a gold corner tabbed flatpack or BGA is, then this warning probably does not apply to you and should not be of a concern.

However, if you are pulling them, you know what I am talking about and should from now on decide whether it is worth it for you to continue to do so knowing that buyers (not just us btw) will immediately downgrade that board.

This is not a new rule. This is standard practice in the business and I have given many warnings over the years. I am the fairest buyer you will ever do business with. however posted prices are for sorted UNPROCESSED material.

With the popularity in Facebook groups and Youtube channels, there are video hosts telling people to strip the boards clean. In that process they are destroying the value of the board. I can assure you the math does not work out in your favor.

In summary: Sweating, chiseling or otherwise pulling soldered chips from a board will result in an automatic downgrade to midgrade, or worse depending on the level of depopulation occurring.

Don't do it!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:36 pm 

I've got some that are partially harvested and I've got some that aren't harvested at all what do I do to ship those do I just give me some of your picture of them first to see or I don't know this is my first time sending in I've also got some buyback stuff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:50 pm 

gascap0158 wrote:
I've got some that are partially harvested and I've got some that aren't harvested at all what do I do to ship those do I just give me some of your picture of them first to see or I don't know this is my first time sending in I've also got some buyback stuff

So no reply in this yet?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:24 pm 

gascap0158 wrote:
Yeah, I just posted a similar question, as I have a bunch of boards in different categories that are in various states of depopulation and I don't have a clue how to grade them. I'm doing some reading here right now looking for an answer, but I haven't found one yet that provides a level of clarity that would make me say "Aha!".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:54 pm 

I think the answer was stated above:

In summary: Sweating, chiseling or otherwise pulling soldered chips from a board [or boards that were depopulated when you received them] will result in an automatic downgrade to midgrade, or worse depending on the level of depopulation occurring.