Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:53 pm

Post subject: Board Category
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:05 pm 

Seems like there are many new to the e-scrap world on the discussion boards, myself included. I apologize if my questions seem simple or are repetitive of past questions.
1. Since the payout for low and medium grade boards are identical, can I have them mixed together and just call them low grade?
I would also say along with this, I'm terrible at distinguishing nearly any grade board, at this point. Who knows, I may send some good stuff mixed in there and not even know it.
Are boards out of things like DVD and VCR players okay to send in this category too?

2. The small boards in disk drives, from computers, what category would they be?
Might they differ in grade? I do see there are different styles and sizes of them, though I wasn't sure if it is the gold pin connectors that may make them grade alike.

Post subject: Re: Board Category
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

Great questions!

Even though a grade may pay the same as another we still require the grades to be separated into the respective groups. The fact that any two prices are the same may just be a coincidence and if the material were mixed, it would likely be worth less.

In the case of low grade, since it is at the bottom of the value list, there is no "less" to go thus making it the only grade you would do that to. So to answer your question, no, don't mix alike priced items unless you are mixing low grade and are ok with the low grade price for the mix.

Home vcr and dvd player boxes tend to have a low grade board in them.

As far as the floppy disk drive board goes even though they are usually brown, we have been accepting them into our Peripheral High grade as long as the gold pins are on the board.