Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:05 am

Post subject: First time shipper
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:36 am 

After reading this you guy's will know me as a "ready, fire, aim" kind of guy. Wished I had read through these before I shipped my boards out. Especially Lost's advice on who to use as a shipper. My load was around 250lbs gold edge, H. G. telco, gold finger boards, ect... you know, the good stuff. ;) I used UPS :(. Don't do that! Cost me around $350.00 to ship it. Luckily I had already planned for that loss and still made out quite well. These guys ROCK! Super professional, very courteous, and I got my payout faster than I thought I would. Thank you BoardSort! And thank you Chris and the guy's.
Mal.

Post subject: Re: First time shipper
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately the postal service just made life more difficult for shipping. Region rate boxes are no longer prorated. Nor are they flat rate now either. And being off-sizes, the region rate boxes trip a slightly higher rate than base packages. Especially the tall B box.

FedEx remains my go-to. They are a bit higher than UPS but they are reliable. And the savings on mixed small boxes can’t be beat on smaller (under 500lbs) loads.

UPS isn’t a bad company, they just hire a lot of lazy people at the lowest end. Especially the spring and late autumn.
Handle with care means they toss the box underhand rather than launch it.