Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:54 am 
Site Admin

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

Boardsort.com has entered into an agreement with UPS to provide PREPAID shipping labels at a DISCOUNT for qualifying packaged being shipped to us.

As we begin to roll this program out, we are looking for a few sellers who would like to participate in the beta-testing of this new shipping plan.

If you have an approximately 40 pound box of sorted scrap that you would like to acquire a prepaid mailing label for please contact chris@boardsort.com.

We will need the actual weight and dimensions of your box along with a boardsort invoice number to associate with it. A label will then be emailed for you to print out.

The cost of the postage will be deducted from your payout. UPS has said that they will discount that postage rate from 10% to as much as 50%.

So if you are interested in potentially saving as much as 50% in shipping costs, please email Chris with the required information.

This could really make a difference in your bottom line!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:17 pm 

With all due respect (honestly), this sounds pretty clunky from this side of the equation. I’m not trying to play the part of internet troll here haha as I love Boardsort but that sounds like a hassle and a half to have to contact and then wait for a label...not knowing cost or savings or how shipment size/weight may effect those...or when I’ll get the label...and what’s with the “approximately 40lbs”? (Does that mean I can’t ship more? Can’t ship less? Just a lot of questions and hoops.

Would recommend holding back on this until you can automate or build into the website a process to be more transparent with info to help users decide the best shipping option available to them. I get a decent FedEx rate currently and wouldn’t want to ship with UPS blindly without knowing the cost or how weight and packaging can be optimized to maximize my return and minimize my shipping cost.

Again, love Boardsort just hoping to provide some food for thought from a user’s perspective

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

Perhaps I should clarify. As stated in the second sentence, we are "testing" this program, which is why I am asking for a "few" beta-testers to make sure this works the way I plan.

I do appreciate the recommendation, however we are going ahead with our plans. As more details become available they will be released.

At this time we do not plan to automate the labels, so yes, you will need to wait for a human to email it. There are many reasons for this, but most importantly we need to be sure there is enough correctly graded material in the box to justify the shipping, and to have someone watching making sure things are properly accounted for etc.

If the seller is in too much of a hurry to wait for a label, or its an issue to email me the weight and dimensions of the box they are welcome to pay the standard postage upfront with the carrier of their choice. Not a problem.

With respect to the 40 lbs, that is just a suggested weight. In my experience 40 pounds per box is a good weight. It is enough weight that you should be able to include plenty of material to cover the cost and still have profit, but not too heavy that it breaks the cardboard box open potentially losing material.

Ultimately you can ship whatever weight you wish. Somewhere there is a sweet spot on cost when considering location -vs- weight -vs- dimension. It varies based on those factors.

Of course you will not be shipping blind, that would be silly. We are the most transparent company out here. You are going to know exactly your costs upfront before you ship anything. If you chose not to use the label, no big deal. UPS will only bill us for the labels that are actually used.

So again, thank you but based on the conversations I have had over the years with many of our customers this is a service that has been long needed and we are happy to finally make it available.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:08 pm 
Site Admin

Speaking from my own experience in sending 3rd party shipping labels, merchandise return, etc...
It takes a while to get a system in place.
And that system is and must be, a personally figured one.
Once you get it worked out it’s fairly straightforward to maintain.

I know this solution will make many people happy though. Good luck Chris.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:45 pm 

This is a very good idea to test out. I don't have anything at the moment. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:39 pm 

hum ill bite,will email you invocie,other info

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:44 pm 

I'm brand new to this and excited to see this as a possibility. I don't know if I have the 40lbs I need, but I think it's an excellent system to test out. I'll be emailing for sure if I have what's needed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:20 pm 

I'm sure I have 40lbs of boards already of various grades. Are ya'll doing this still?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 pm 

Chris, I'll try this out as well.
I have a warehouse of stuff and am currently shipping a box a day to you and plan on keeping it this way for a little bit.
Would it be easier to call when I have a box ready to go? Call me old school.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:13 am 

@mbbrummel @dandamugsman and Thearchivebooks

*they are still doing this in a beta test state that means there could be issue to arise (i did not have any issues with mine)

*you dont need 40 pounds,you can go over or under but tHE MORE WIEGHT LESS SAVINGS .

*you need to aready have submitted an order via online quote service to tie the lable to your order you need the invoice number [see example picture] and package info