Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:25 pm 

They called me Grammar Nazi in my former day job because that was sort of my job, among other things. But I've only commented about someone's writing on other forums when it was so bad that it was either just painful to even understand, or completely unreadable.

Most Internet trolls who tell you to learn how to spell are just trying to impress with how smart they think they are. True intelligence doesn't need to impress; it just IS, and it's obvious.

For my part, I truly appreciate what you're doing here, and I hope Chris compensates you for it in some way.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:59 am 
Site Admin

You can probably find some of my sarcastic arguing in the forums with foreign spammers.

To be honest I couldn’t spell worth a damn till high school. But I (did and still do) read anything and everything. I am truly native-fluent in three languages: English, German (Dutch, or low) and imperial German.
But I’m conversational to a passable degree in over two dozen.
I was born with a gift for math and excluding my freshman high school year where I got a D for not even going to class but passing every test I did show up for... he hated me but I could Omen style run circles around him, solving extended matrixese in my head, etc. And it irked him to no end.
math translates easily for language. Pattern and causal relationships.

(Side note for those looking to learn another language: start with English and German. Covers 40% of used languages in modern times).
I’m a bit sidetracked here.
My use of ae vs e and que vs k etc. Re vs er.
Sure it works as troll bate but when they bite the bait I just love moping a 50 floor building with their ego.
Learn to spell? Autocorrect and typos aside: don’t be a troglodyte. I’m not intelligent as much as literally well read.

Grammar on the other hand
Grr
Grammar, on the other-hand; is a matter I have failed to master.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 2:09 am 

You do quite well in grammar. Believe me, I have see a lot of really bad writing, even in resumes of supposedly professional people.

Math has never been my strong suit; spelling, grammar and just writing are. I can't do the kind of things in my head that you talk about. Without going into too much detail, I still graduated in the top 1/3 of a math intensive Navy school. Still, top 1/3 is kinda dubious, like the home run record in the minors (Bull Durham). If my math scores had been better, I would have placed higher.

I know just a smattering of German from two years of HS German, and a little bit of Spanish. I also have technical experience and knowledge I won't go into here. I'll just say that my technical knowledge and experience are a great help in scrapping, and my wife thinks I can fix anything.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

What’s coming soon.

Have a bunch of videos to still upload.
And
Adding two new projects to the list.

A small usb fan... because it’s totally pointless.
And a low end sewing machine. Because I’ll swap the motor and turn it into a light weight drill puncher.