Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Custom Blank PCBs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:11 pm 

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:57 pm
Posts: 2
I am trying to determine what category blank custom PCBs might fit into.
They are blank 6 layer construction, copper layers are 1/2 oz with 1/2oz plating.
What category are these?
Attachment:
Blank Custom PCBs.jpg


As a follow up, in addition to blanks, I have many that are populated and assembled into a device, shown in the image.
What category would an assembled unit fall into? They are a handheld device with and aluminum casing that I assume is similar to the "digital Camera" category.
I am new and wondering if it would be best to take the time to dissemble the devices and scrap the aluminum, then send in the populated boards to board sort.
Attachment:
Assembled Handheld Device.jpg


Thanks with your patience from someone new!


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Custom Blank PCBs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:38 pm 

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:44 pm
Posts: 2668
Location: I'm right here :D
Try to swing back to this later but here's a primer on blanks:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19554&p=35735&hilit=Blank#p35735

_________________
Here to learn more so I can recycle more
My grades are my own opinion and not an official grade from Boardsort


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Custom Blank PCBs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:12 pm 

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:44 pm
Posts: 2668
Location: I'm right here :D
So to know for sure you'll likely need to talk to Chris/Boardsort, but these look like they might be into a peripheral class. Boardsort may not even want them though, again need Chris' input.

There might be resell value but that's out of my league, Lost might be able to provide more info on that.

The unit, I'm not sure but I'd think digital camera would be worse case scenario as those have lots of plastics vs yours with an aluminum housing (unless there's a ton of junk in it too?). If you have a substantial amount you could take one apart and figure the price and use that as a basis for how much you'd need to make from the whole unit to be worth it.

_________________
Here to learn more so I can recycle more
My grades are my own opinion and not an official grade from Boardsort


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Custom Blank PCBs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:49 pm 

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:57 pm
Posts: 2
Thank you I appreciate the response! I will look into taking units apart and determining worth/time


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: